1 pint whipping cream
1 tbs. gelatin powder
3 oz. amaretto liqueur
3 tbs. confectioners sugar
vanilla extract, to taste
almond extract, to taste
1 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- Whip the heavy cream. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Dissolve gelatin powder in Amaretto in double boiler. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Combine eggs and confectioners sugar in a separate double boiler. Heat on low, until warm whisk constantly. Remove egg & sugar mixture from heat.
- Mix at high speed until reaches firm peaks.
- Fold gelatin mixture into eggs.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Add vanilla and almond extract to taste.
- Fill dessert glasses, place in refrigerator until firm (approx 1 hour).
- Garnish with sliced, toasted almonds.
Can be made a day ahead.