- Heat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the wings, oil, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and the cayenne.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake until just done, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, scallions, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, the remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar, and the Tabasco sauce. Add the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve the wings with the celery sticks and blue-cheese dressing alongside.
Buffalo Chicken Wings From Food & Wine magazine 4 pounds chicken wings 3 tablespoons cooking oil 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 3/4 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne 2/3 cup mayonnaise 1/3 cup sour cream 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup) 2 scallions including green tops, chopped 5 teaspoons vinegar 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper 1/4 cup ketchup 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks