8 chicken breast cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 large bunch arugula (about 4 ounces), stems trimmed
3 ounces soft goat cheese, broken into small pieces
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. On a clean work surface, lay cutlets flat (smooth sides down).
- Fill and roll (right): Layer each cutlet with arugula; crumble goat cheese in the center. Starting with the narrow end, roll up chicken tightly; seal with a toothpick.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Cook, seam side down, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks, and slice chicken crosswise before serving, if desired.
Per serving: 271 calories; 9 grams fat; 43.9 grams protein; 1.2 grams carbohydrates; 0.5 gram fiber