Chipotle Chicken Wings
From A Cook's Tour of Sonoma by Michele Anna Jordan
1 can (8 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
8 to 10 cloves of garlic
¾ cup water
juice of 2 limes
2 pounds of chicken wings
blue cheese dip, recipe below
- Purée chipotle peppers with the garlic, water, and lime juice.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish that will hold them all in a single layer.
- Pour the chipotle sauce over them and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Arrange the wings on a serving platter and place the blue cheese dip in a bowl in the center of the platter. Serve at once.
Serves 4 to 6.
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients; chill for an hour or two.
- Serve as a dip for the Chipoltle Chicken wings.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of blue cheese dip.Print recipe with images | without images