- Position oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare filling, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pumpkin, and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- To prepare crust, roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust. Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on lowest oven rack.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove pie from oven); bake an additional 50 minutes or until almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare topping, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the amaretto and powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Serve with pie.
Classic Pumpkin Pie From Cooking Light magazine Filling: 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk 2 large egg whites 1 large egg 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin Crust: 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury) Cooking spray Topping: 1/4 cup whipping cream 1 tablespoon amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur) 2 teaspoons powdered sugar