From Cooking Light magazine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Position oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare filling, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pumpkin, and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- To prepare crust, roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust. Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on lowest oven rack.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove pie from oven); bake an additional 50 minutes or until almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare topping, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the amaretto and powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Serve with pie.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 222(30% from fat); FAT 7.4g (sat 3.7g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 4.1g; CHOLESTEROL 32mg; CALCIUM 104mg; SODIUM 241mg; FIBER 3g; IRON 0.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 35.3g