Coeur a la creme:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Special equipment: 2 (1/3 cup) ceramic coeur a la creme molds and cheesecloth
- To make coeurs: Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt with a hand-held beater electric mixer until smooth.
- Force mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove any fine lumps.
- Line molds with a single layer of dampened cheesecloth and divide cheese mixture among molds, smoothing tops. Fold overhanging cheesecloth over tops, pressing it lightly. Refrigerate molds in a shallow pan or dish (to catch drips) at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make topping: Mash half of the raspberries with granulated sugar. Stir in remaining whole berries and lemon juice, then macerate, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Unmold coeurs and carefully peel off cheesecloth. Let coeurs stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon topping over coeurs.
Make Ahead: Coeurs may be chilled in molds up to 2 days, covered.