From Elena Osterreicher
2 12 ounce packages fresh cranberries
1 orange, zested
2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
- In a medium saucepan, add all of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add enough water to cover the mixture and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour.
- Taste the sauce for sweetness and adjust if necessary. If too tart, add a bit more sugar; if too sweet, add a bit more juice.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is nice and thick in consistency, another 30 minutes to an hour*.
- Let mixture cool and serve with turkey, mashed potatoes, etc.