- Line 12 - 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups with one - 2 inch (5 cm) wide x 6 inch (15 cm) long strip of parchment paper. (The ends will hang over the sides of the cups to be used as handles to lift out the baked cheesecakes.) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.
- For Crust: in a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press about a tablespoon of crumbs on the bottoms of the 12 muffin cups lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- For Filling: in the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until incorporated.
- Remove the crusts from the refrigerator and evenly divide the filling among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes or until firm but the centers of the cheesecakes still wobble a little. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Let cool and then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (a few hours or even overnight).
- Remove cheesecakes by first running a sharp knife around the inside edge of the muffin cups to loosen the cheesecakes. Then, taking hold of the two strips of parchment paper, carefully lift each cheesecake from the muffin cups. Gently peel off the parchment paper and place on your serving plate. If desired, top with strawberry sauce and/or fresh berries.
Individual Cheesecakes From Joy of Baking Crust: 1 cup (100 grams) graham wafer crumbs or crushed digestive cookies 1 tablespoon (15 grams) granulated white sugar 4 tablespoons (55 grams) unsalted butter, melted Filling: 2 - 8 ounce (454 grams) packages of cream cheese, room temperature (use full fat, not reduced or fat free cream cheese) 2/3 cup (130 grams) granulated white sugar 2 large eggs, room temperature 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1/2 cup sour cream Strawberry puree and/or fresh berries, optional garnish
Related: Individual Cheesecakes, joy of baking, Engagement Party, cheesecake, cheese, desserts, recipes