- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the flour, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. With the machine running, add the butter and continue to process until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Transfer the mixture to a buttered 12-by-18-inch baking pan. With your fingers, press it in to form an even layer of crust.
- Bake the crust until light golden in color, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon custard topping. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the sugar, flour, and salt and stir until well blended. Finally, stir in the lemon juice, milk, and lemon zest.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the prebaked crust, return the pan to the oven, and continue to bake until the custard has set, 20 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool to room temperature, and then chill, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, use a sharp knife to cut down through the topping and crust to make 3 dozen bars. Carefully pry them from the pan and dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
Lemon Bars From Wolfgang Puck Crust 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup confectioner’s sugar 1/3 cup cornstarch 1/2 teaspoon salt 10 ounces unsalted butter, cut into chunks Lemon Custard 8 eggs 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup lemon zest Confectioner’s sugar, for decorating