2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
grated zest of 1 large lemon
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with hand-held electric mixer, cream 1 cup butter and granulated sugar; beat at high speed until mixture is very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down side of bowl frequently. Blend in lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, adding each in 3 additions. Scrape sides of bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan; bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon glaze ingredients in a bowl, blending until smooth. Carefully turn cake out onto a platter; drizzle evenly with glaze.