1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
2 pounds white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and quartered
1 pint roasted cherry tomatoes, recipe below
1 head romaine lettuce, chiffonade
1 avocado cut into chunks
1/2 cup kalamata black olives, seeded and coarsely chopped.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup of the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms and marinade and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Compose salad of lettuce, mushrooms, roasted cherry tomatoes, avocado, and olives.
- Dress with left over marinade, if desired.