- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup of the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms and marinade and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Compose salad of lettuce, mushrooms, roasted cherry tomatoes, avocado, and olives.
- Dress with left over marinade, if desired.
Marinated Mushroom Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Modified from Emeril Lagasse, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon 2 teaspoons salt 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon dried oregano 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon 2 pounds white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and quartered 1 pint roasted cherry tomatoes, recipe below 1 head romaine lettuce, chiffonade 1 avocado cut into chunks 1/2 cup kalamata black olives, seeded and coarsely chopped.
Related: Marinated Mushroom Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, golden globes, recipes, come party with me