6 organic chicken breasts
2 whole black truffles, plus 1/4 cup chopped black truffles
1 pound goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup olive oil
6 Shelton Farms chicken leg and thigh meat, finely diced
3 medium carrots, 1/4-inch diced
6 stalks celery, 1/4-inch diced
2 cups yellow onion, 1/4-inch diced
2 leeks, white part only, 1/4-inch diced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the whole truffles on a truffle slicer. Gently separate the skin from each chicken breast without tearing the skin, and stuff the sliced truffles and goat cheese between the breast and the skin.
- Sear the chicken, skin side down, in a hot skillet with a little olive oil. Remove from the heat, and leaving the breasts skin side down, roast them in the oven until thoroughly cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sweat the carrots, celery, onions and leeks in a little olive oil until tender. Reserve.
- Sear the leg and thigh meat in a skillet with olive oil.
- Toss the vegetable mix with the cooked leg and thigh meat. Add chopped black truffles and Natural Jus.
- Presentation: On individual plates, place some of the risotto to cover the plate. Spoon the leg and vegetable ragout in the center of the plate. Place the sliced chicken breast on top of the vegetables and shave some black truffles on top.
1/4 cup garlic, sliced
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
4 cups button mushrooms, chopped
2/3 liter white wine
2 Tbsp. Port wine
2 cups freshly made or store-bought chicken stock
1/2 cup store-bought hoisin sauce or demi glace
1 pound roasted chicken bones
1 stick unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- In a flat-bottomed pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and shallots until caramelized.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until their moisture is released.
- Add the wines and reduce by half. Add the stock, hoisin sauce or demi glace and bones, and reduce by 2/3.
- Add the rosemary and thyme. Finish with butter.
- Strain and adjust seasonings.