- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sprouts are tender and browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple syrup, ginger, and orange zest. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the cranberries break down and thicken, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, cook the butter over moderately high heat until deep golden, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the shallot and thyme and stir into the cranberry sauce.
- Transfer the butter to a bowl, add the Brussels sprouts and toss. Season with salt and serve.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Cranberry Brown Butter From Food & Wine magazine 4 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 1/2 pound fresh or thawed frozen cranberries 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup 1 tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest 2 sticks (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter 1 large shallot, minced 1 tsp. chopped thyme
Related: vegetarian thanksgiving, Food and Wine, cranberries, brussels sprouts, vegetarian, sides, butter