From Food & Wine magazine
4 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 pound fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
2 sticks (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter
1 large shallot, minced
1 tsp. chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sprouts are tender and browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple syrup, ginger, and orange zest. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the cranberries break down and thicken, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, cook the butter over moderately high heat until deep golden, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the shallot and thyme and stir into the cranberry sauce.
- Transfer the butter to a bowl, add the Brussels sprouts and toss. Season with salt and serve.
Make ahead: The cranberry brown butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Gently reheat the butter before tossing with the Brussels sprouts.