1/3 cup butter
1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- For breadcrumbs: melt 2 tbsp of the butter in skillet over medium heat; add breadcrumbs.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are toasted and golden. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add green beans; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Pour in stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 8 minutes or until beans are almost tender.
- Uncover and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and beans are tender. Stir in remaining butter until well glazed.
- Transfer beans to serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs.