White chocolate cream
2 ounces high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), chopped
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream, divided
3 tablespoons sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, chilled
1 cup whipping cream, plus additional for brushing biscuits
2 tablespoons raw sugar
4 cups halved hulled strawberries (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- For white chocolate cream: Place white chocolate in medium bowl.
- Place 1 tablespoon water in very small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes.
- Bring 1/2 cup cream and 3 tablespoons sugar to simmer in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour gelatin mixture over white chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining 2 cups cream in large bowl until peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup cream into white chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Fold chocolate mixture into remaining cream in bowl. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- For biscuits: Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; whisk to blend. Add butter.
- Using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms.
- Gradually add 1 cup cream, tossing until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball; shape into 8 1/2-inch round on parchment or foil. Chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into eight 3-inch rounds, gathering scraps and reshaping as needed.
- Place rounds on prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. If desired, rewarm in 350°F oven 5 minutes before using.)
- For strawberries: Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and mint in medium bowl; toss to blend. Let stand at room temperature until juices form, at least 10 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use, up to 2 hours.
- Cut biscuits in half horizontally or crumble into pieces. Place in pretty cups and mound strawberries with syrup on each, dividing equally.
- Cover with white chocolate cream and more biscuit.